8 slices of cheesy goodness. 5 minutes. Can you do it?
Mario’s is looking to crown a new Pizza Eating Champion, and that could be you! Sign up today to represent your region in our semi-finals. Claim 1 of the top 3 spots for your chance to move on to the finals in the grand show down. Up for grabs? The ultimate prize of a Samsung Galaxy S4 and a year’s supply of pizza!!!
Prizes for the National Winners are:
- GRAND PRIZE: 1 YEAR OF FREE PIZZA (1 Medium 1-Topping Pizza per week for 52 weeks) PLUS a Samsung Galaxy S4 Phone
- 2nd Place: 3 month’s supply of Pizza (1 Medium 1-Topping Pizza per week for 12 weeks)
- 3rd Place: 1 month supply of Pizza (1 Medium 1-Topping Pizza per week for 4 weeks)
2013 National Pizza-Eating Championship Schedule
|West||Cipriani Blvd||Sun 1st Sep, 1pm|
|Central||Montrose||Sun 8th Sep, 1pm|
|South||Marabella||Sun 15th Sep, 1pm|
|Finale||St. Augustine||Sun 22nd Sep, 1pm|
2013 National Pizza-Eating Championship Registration
Regional Registration closes Friday at noon on the Friday prior to the Sunday contest.
- Each Sunday, for 4 consecutive Sundays, contestants compete in 4 regional competitions – South, Central, East & West.
- Regional competitions begin promptly at 1pm.
- Regional contestants must present themselves in person at least one hour prior to the competition start time in order to sign in. Latecomers or absentees will lose their spot and will not be able to compete.
- Online Regional Registration closes Friday at noon, on the Friday prior to the Sunday contest. Walk-ins welcome, provided spots are available.
- Contestants will compete in rounds of 5 persons each. The top 3 contestants who have eaten the most pizza slices will move forward to the Grand Finale on Sun 22nd Sep.
- You may compete in any regional competition but we prefer that you represent the area you live in. Show some community pride!
- You may only select one region to compete in. NO repeat entries are allowed – if you do not place in the top 3 in your chosen region, you may not compete in another region.
- Regional finalists MUST participate in the National Pizza-Eating Championship Grand Finale on Sun 22nd Sep at 1pm.
- In each round, contestants must eat as many slices of pizza (of our medium cheese pizzas) as possible within 5 minutes.
- Only whole slices of pizza will be counted, crust included! Partially eaten pizzas will not be counted.
- Contestants are not allowed to stack their slices or to immerse/douse their slices in water.
- The contestants may drink beverages during the competition. Water will be provided.
- Contestants must keep the food down for 2 minutes after the contest ends to be eligible to win.
- Contestants agree that the judges’ decision is final.
- Contestants agree to their name and likeness appearing in the media.