We gather 12 worthy Knights of the Round Pizza on National Pizza Day to compete for the ultimate prize of FREE PIZZA FOR A YEAR when 2 lucky winners are crowned King & Queen of National Pizza Day 2011!!
These 12 finalists (6 male, 6 female) have battled through rigours untold to make it to the final Coronation Tournament on National Pizza Day, Saturday 11th June, 2011. Two of our 12 finalists must survive 5 elimination competitions to be crowned the King & Queen of National Pizza Day 2011.
- The slowest female and slowest male in each competition will be eliminated from each round.
- The 12 contestants must present themselves in person at 2pm, Saturday 11th June at Mario’s El Dorado or forfeit their position.
- Contestants agree that the judge’s decision is final. Awards distributed at the end of all games.
- Contestants agree to their name and likeness appearing in the media.
- GRAND PRIZE: 1 female winner and 1 male winner will win FREE PIZZA FOR A YEAR (1 Medium 1-topping Pizza per week for 52 consecutive weeks!)
- CONSOLATION PRIZES: Awarded to final contestants, a goodie bag filled with treats!
El Dorado Location & Directions
View Mario’s Pizza Restaurants in a larger map
Finalists will be tested on their lightning quick reflexes, balance, coordination, endurance and strength!! (Just kidding!) Let the games begin!
Game 1: Face the Cookie
Time: 2.30 pm • Contestants: 12 • Gameplay: Using only the face, move cookies from the forehead to the mouth.
Game 2: Separation Anxiety
Time: 2:45 pm • Contestants: 10 • Gameplay: Using 1 hand, player must separate a pile of 30 multicoloured candies into 5 separate containers in a set colour order.
Game 3: Puddle Jumper
Time: 3:00 pm • Contestants: 8 • Gameplay: Blow 3 ping pong balls floating on top of 3 full cups of water onto the top of 3 other full cups of water.
Game 4: Box Dominoes
Time: 3:15 pm • Contestants: 6 • Gameplay: Player must create a domino path with Mario’s boxes standing upright. Player will then push the first box into the second, setting off a chain reaction domino-style.
Game 5: Stack Attack
Time: 3:30 pm • Contestants: 4 • Gameplay: Player must stack 36 plastic cups into a perfect triangle-shaped structure. Once that’s completed, player must get the cups back into a single stack.
Coronation of the King & Queen of National Pizza Day 2011 3:45pm
Still want more? Join our National Pizza-eating Competition!