National Pizza Day is almost upon us! We had so much fun crowning the Pizza-Eating champion last year, we’re doing it again! But in order to crown our new Pizza-eating champion, we’re scouring the whole of Trinidad to find the fastest pizza-eater with FIVE regional pizza-eating competitions! The top 3 fastest eaters will be part of our National Finals on Saturday 16th June to determine the National Pizza-eating Winner!
Prizes for the National Winners are:
- GRAND PRIZE: The Ultimate Pizza-Eater wins 1 YEAR OF FREE PIZZA (1 Medium 1-Topping Pizza per week for 52 consecutive weeks)
- 2nd Place: 2 Family Limes (comprises a family-sized pizza, family-sized snack and 2L drink.)
- 3rd Place: 1 Family Lime (comprises a family-sized pizza, family-sized snack and 2L drink.)
Regional Pizza-Eating Competition Schedule
National Pizza-Eating Finals
The Finals to determine the National Pizza-Eating Champion will be held on Saturday 16th June at 2pm at our El Dorado location, the weekend AFTER National Pizza Day.
- Each week, we will choose 20 contestants to compete in 5 regional competitions – North, South, Central, East & West.
- Contestants will compete in 4 contest rounds of 5 persons each. The top 3 contestants who have eaten the most pizza slices will move forward to the Pizzalympics National Finals.
- You may only select one region to compete in. NO repeat entries are allowed – if you do not place in the top 3 in your chosen region, you may not compete in another region.
- You may compete in any regional competition but we prefer that you represent the area you live in. Show some community pride!
- The 20 regional contestants must present themselves in person at least one hour prior to the competition start time in order to sign in. Latecomers or absentees will lose their spot and will not be able to compete.
- Regional finalists MUST participate in the Pizzalympics National Finals on Saturday 16th June at 2pm at our O’meara Road Location.
- In each round, contestants must eat as many slices of pizza (of our medium cheese pizzas) as possible within 5 minutes.
- Only whole slices of pizza will be counted, crust included! Partially eaten pizzas will not be counted.
- Contestants are not allowed to stack their slices or to immerse their slices in water.
- The contestants may drink beverages during the competition. Water will be provided.
- Contestants must keep the food down for 2 minutes after the contest ends to be eligible to win.
- Contestants agree that the judges’ decision is final. Awards will be distributed at the end of all rounds.
- Contestants agree to their name and likeness appearing in the media.